1925: Fisher Sand and Gravel was established by Ralph Fisher providing sand and gravel materials, and road and underground contracting services to the Midland Michigan area.
Early 1940's: Company weathered many changes, survived turbulent economic times and continued to grow steadily. It was during this time that Fisher Sand and Gravel began the current Ready Mixed Concrete division.
1947: The Fisher Family purchased a large triangle parcel of land from the Dow Chemical Company in Midland Michigan, and built what is now the current home of Fisher Sand and Gravel.
1950's: Ralph Fisher’s three sons took over the company and operations. Out of necessity, and with a proactive view of the industry, separate divisions for the concrete and heavy / civil engineering segments were formed.
1970's - 1980's: Addition of sister companies: Fisher Transportation, Central Asphalt, and Bay Aggregates, rounding off the complete line of Fisher Companies that exists today.
Present: Fisher Sand and Gravel, along with it's parent company and sister divisions, is a thriving organization, having successfully adapted to economic, legislative, environmental, and technological trends and transformations, with over 90 million in annual revenue.